Sunday, March 03, 2013

TOO healthy

As I was working on supper last night, I exclaimed suddenly, "oh, I hope this doesn't taste TOO healthy."

Know what I mean?

There are some meals out there that are TOO healthy -- too light, too nutritious, too virtuous to actually taste good.

Thankfully, this was not one of those meals.  :)
















Savory Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with White Beans and Kale, from The Kitchn, did not disappoint.  Light and nutritious, but still filling and flavorful, loaded with garlic, shallot, chili, and rosemary.  I did make a couple of subtle changes from the original recipe, swapping dried rosemary for the fresh, and adding a little butter to the olive oil called for at the beginning.  (Butter makes all things better, I'm nearly certain.)

I can see this meal as a frequent repeat, using whatever beans and greens sound good and/or are available that day, and playing around with different herbs and spices, too.  I'm already feeling chickpeas and curry powder, with perhaps a splash of coconut milk at the end . . .

No comments: