Saturday, November 28, 2009

V.V. important question re: cookies

I posed my Christmas Cookie baking plan a few days ago, and as I've started to get a little bit more organized, I'm realizing something . . .

I'm crazy.

ELEVEN different cookies/bars/candies?? WHAT? The "20 cups flour" item on the shopping list put me over the edge a little bit!

So, here's what I need from you . . . what would you cross off the list? Please check out the following recipes and suggest cookies to eliminate from the lineup, or alternately, cookies you insist I make:

(I only reposted the "maybe" cookies, since I'm unwavering on a few varieties.)

Cream Cheese-Swirled Brownies (I'm going to add some peppermint extract to the cream cheese layer)
Fig and Cream Cheese Bars
Gingerbread Cutout Cookies
Chocolate Malted Cookies
Lemon-Rosemary Butter Cookies
Anise Tea Crescents
German Honey Cookies

Thank you! All opinions welcomed and appreciated!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would cross the brownies off the list...they sound great, but for giving away and transporting on holiday platters? Cookies are so much easier to wrap/transport/pack up/store/etc if you ask me! If you use that logic, then the fig and cream cheese bars should go too, but figs are so delicious that would be a tough one to cut :-)

Courtney

Ricki said...

I'd say you can safely eliminate one of the two cream-cheese based ones, and I'd cut the anise cookies (but only because I personally don't like anise!). But really--they're COOKIES--they all sound good! :)