Monday, August 06, 2012

odds & ends

What do you do when you don't really have the makings of a full meal on hand, and a whole host of veggie odds and ends leftover?  Why, pizza, of course.
















Whole-Wheat Pizza Crust, topped with olive oil, parmesan, provolone, onion, garlic, red bell pepper, portobello mushroom, sliced olives, oregano, chili flakes, and zucchini.  Yes, the ever-present zucchini even made it onto a pizza.  ;)  I discovered that I left my pizza peel at John's house, so I was "stuck" making a rectangle pizza.  Well then, I guess I'll just enjoy my soft, bready, deep-dish pizza at my house, then!

To avoid generating more odds and ends, I turned the second half of the ball of pizza dough into cinnamon rolls!
















I haven't made cinnamon rolls in a LONG time, and I forget how much butter, cinnamon, and sugar the filling requires.  :)  I didn't use nearly enough!  And I was desperately low on powdered sugar, so there isn't nearly enough glaze, either.  Still!  These will be great for breakfast, as they aren't too sweet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Veggie pizza sounds like a perfectly good way to use up the odds and ends in the fridge. In winter maybe not so much, but with all the summer produce around, delicioius!