I accidentally deleted this post that I wrote so carefully. Ooops! Here's a delicious Chef Salad. Enjoy!
YIELD: 4 quart-sized salads
- 1/4 apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 c extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 oz diced, cooked ham
- 2 oz diced, cooked turkey
- 2 oz diced sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 oz diced swiss cheese
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1 large carrot, peeled, halved, and sliced
- 1 bunch radishes, sliced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2-3 hearts of romaine, shredded
- Make the honey-cider vinaigrette: combine the vinegar, honey, mustard, salt, pepper, and oil in a pint-sized mason jar. Puree and emulsify the dressing using a handheld stick blender. (Alternately, puree and emulsify the dressing ingredients using a blender or mini food processor.)
- Pack the salads: divide the dressing evenly between 4 tall quart-sized containers. Layer the ham, turkey, cheddar, swiss, egg, carrot, radish, tomato, and lettuce in the jars. Refrigerate until serving.
- Enjoy your salad: invert your salad onto a plate or into a bowl.
TIME-SAVING TIPS: Use your favorite prepared honey mustard dressing for the homemade dressing.
SPECIAL DIET SWAPS: For a vegetarian salad, substitute your favorite vegetarian deli slices, cubed, for the ham and turkey. For a vegan salad, also substitute non-dairy cheeses for the cheddar and swiss, and 1 cup rinsed and drained chickpeas for the hard-boiled egg. This salad is gluten- and nut-free as-is.
Food styling, photography, and infographics by Robert Campbell.