Wednesday, February 03, 2010

our week in food

Sunday night's dinner:

Grilled cheese and (homemade, vegan) cream of tomato-basil soup! YUM. This is, oddly, a frequent meal request of Dan's. Who knew?

Monday night's dinner:

Dan's Awesome Stir-Fry -- a little too spicy for me this time, but still great! I think he hasn't figured out yet that four dried Thai chillis kick my butt a little too much. :)

Tuesday night's dinner:

Here is a time where I veered significantly from a printed recipe, and it went really, really well. Soup is awesome, and soup containing a whole head of roasted garlic is even awesome-er. Ingredients: olive oil, celery, carrot, shallot, chard (stems and leaves,) navy beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, roasted garlic, vegetable broth, crushed fire-roasted tomatoes, Italian seasoning, sage, salt, pepper, and a parmesan cheese rind. Conveniently, this soup ALSO helped me clean out my veggie drawer and counter produce bowl! Sweet!

Soup requires bread, wouldn't you agree?

More Vermont Cheddar rolls, just 'cause that's the quickest thing to get in and out of the oven on a weeknight. Equally as tasty as last time! Yay bake-a-long!

3 comments:

Vic Robinson said...

4 chilies? Wow!

J said...

Mmmmm, Thai chiles. I think Dan and I would get along in the spice department.

Those rolls look amazing! AND they are easy enough to make on a weeknight? Did you use a recipe from a cookbook? Online?

Anonymous said...

Pleeeaaaase share your vegan cream of tomato-basil soup! Pretty please?!?!

And I am still curious to know how you store your roasted garlic!

Thanks :-)
Courtney