Sunday, September 19, 2010

I needed this.

As you can see from my previous post, I had a VERY busy day today -- so busy, in fact, I never really ate a full meal until dinnertime. I ate plenty of snacks, but by about 6:00 or so, I could really feel a dip in my energy level, and I had a headache brewing. It was about time for a meal, and boy did I need it!

"Black Bean Chili with Cilantro Pesto" from Vegan Planet:

This is one of my all-time favorite chili recipes -- the chili itself is pretty basic, (onions, celery, garlic, tomatoes and tomato paste, beans, spices, and some water,) but add a dollop of the cilantro pesto, (which itself is also pretty basic, for pesto,) and ka-pow! This chili turns into something downright special. I mowwed this bowlful, and my cornbread muffin on the side -- I needed some nutrition!

Pie for dessert:

OH YES.

No comments: