Monday, September 06, 2010

Yoga Month, Day 6

Since I completely spaced days 4 and 5 of yoga month, (well, I knew I wanted to do yoga, there just wasn't time,) I spent a little extra time on my mat today. I did 20 minutes of "Gentle Hatha 1" this afternoon, and 25 minutes of "Gentle Hatha 2" just now, both from Yoga Download. I enjoy both of these practices, but there are elements of each that I find REALLY challenging -- especially holding downward dog for more than a few breaths. I think I have weak arms! Wah! Hopefully I'll be much stronger by the end of the month, and won't feel like I want to wimp out!

Anyone else have trouble with downward dog? What are your favorite poses? What are your least favorite poses?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have the world's tightest hips. I can't really get into half pigeon or double pigeon at all.