Tuesday, May 10, 2011

the changes keep a-comin'

I believe I announced that I found a new job, right? I had my last day at my old job on Friday, and I planned some special activities with the kids -- I had purchased several books for the center as a good-bye gift for the kids, which they were excited to open, they suggested we make smoothies for snack, and I decided, kind of last-minute, that I would request bag lunches from the catering program and we would have a picnic! Thankfully, the weather cooperated on Friday -- it was gorgeous! One of my co-workers snuck some pictures of us while we were chilling, and they are far enough away that I feel comfortable posting one of them for you to enjoy!

The rest of the day was pretty rough, (the kids were cranky, bickering, and whining all day long,) but our picnic was wonderful! We all sat, ate, talked, and watched the older elementary school kids play on the playground for almost an hour! Food tastes better outside, doesn't it?

Anyhow, my first day at the new job yesterday was a welcome change. :) I spent my first day in an all-staff training on diversity, which could have been campy and awful, but was actually thoughtful, interesting, provocative, and well-planned. (Plus, lunch was provided, and it was from the Holy Land Deli! YUM!!!!!!!!!) I head in today at noon to train more with my supervisor on the specifics of my new position, and will stay late tonight for a staff meeting. Wednesday, I will start my usual shift! It's been nice to ease in and have a short break from dealing with children all day long. Don't get me wrong . . . I love kids, but we all need a break every now and then, don't we? ;) (I'm sure stay-at-home parents can relate!)

I was chatting with an acquaintance before yoga last night, (last class of the Ashtanga series I took this spring,) and he suggested that 2011 is "a year of new beginnings" for me -- indeed!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so glad to hear that 2011 is going so well for you! :)
The picture is adorable!

Anonymous said...

A year of new beginnings indeed. Good luck to you!