Tuesday, September 20, 2011

eating machine

Lately, I have been an eating machine. Has anyone else had this "problem" recently? More specifically, I can't seem to get enough spicy food, bread, butter, or cheese. (Vegetables? What are those??) :)

Seriously, though, I have still been eating my veggies . . . just not LOVING them, you know? Here are a couple of recent meals:

First, the second round of pad Thai:

I generally follow the recipe for "Brooklyn Pad Thai" from Vegan with a Vengeance, but typically add extra vegetable matter. The first round I added broccoli; this time, I added plenty of shredded green cabbage. Mmm!

Next, a reuben, and some leftover potatoes:

I confess, I have practically been living on grilled cheese sandwiches for the past week and a half. Why? I have no idea. :) I added tomato soup to my grilled cheese craving, and then progressed to reubens. I am really puzzled by this reuben craving, since I didn't think I really LIKED thousand island dressing, or sauerkraut, for that matter! But, gotta tell ya . . . I was eating the kraut straight out of the jar with a fork! Where did THAT come from? Luckily, I had some tempeh leftover from a simple meal this past weekend, so I only had to pick up a few other key ingredients to satisfy my craving!

For "dessert," I will eat an artichoke. :) (Giant artichokes have been on sale at the co-op this week! Why? Who cares! When inexpensive, eat artichokes!)

6 comments:

Courtney said...

I have definitely been an eating machine lately too. But not butter or cheese or spicy food, lol...just about everything else, though. And artichokes are on sale at the co-op?! I must go NOW!!

Courtney

Emily said...

I made a tofu reuben last year...SO good, I need to make again soon!
I love kraut. :)

Ali said...

Yum! That reuben looks awesome. Love anything pickled and kraut is high on my list!

tweal said...

I bet you are craving higher fat/calorie foods as winter approaches and your body tries to pack on weight for warmth through the cold months. At least, that is what I experience :) Bread and cheese are usually at the top of my craving list but even more so this time of year.

Get Skinny, Go Vegan. said...

Seriously if it doesn't have a massive amount of heat, it doesn't count as food!

Michelle {lively kitchen} said...

Umm, not to suggest anything, but that first paragraph was me during both pregnancy first trimesters. Carbs, carbs, carbs, some dairy and that's it. hee hee

I've never cooked an artichoke, I always just get them canned.