Tuesday, September 05, 2006

yoga update

Last night, I was so tired after being at the State Fair all day that I decided to just do the 10-minute PM yoga. (So I cheated a little. But I still did a little yoga, right?) So, tonight I did "Yoga Now 30-minute Core Workout."

"Yoga Now" is a little weird. It's a combination of yoga and aerobics; nice in some respects because you get your heart rate up more than with traditional yoga, but less relaxing, in my opinion. Hm. I'll have to do it a few more times and let you know what my final verdict is.

I did manage a little more exercise this morning, too -- I walked to do quite a few errands, and also did many stairs in my building while working on the laundry. :) Amazing how those everyday things can add up to a whole workout, eh?

(P.S. Michelle and I finally made it to the "dollar basement" of the Salvation Army tonight. It was pretty scuzzy, but I managed to pick up a few plates for 50 cents each for some prettier photo styling for the blog/cookbook. White plates don't make for the best photos -- I think they tend to overexpose my pictures a little bit! Time for a little something different.)

(P.P.S. I updated my resume and applied for one job today. More work on that front tomorrow.)

10 comments:

Harmonia said...

I so needed a YOGA update to keep me inspired! :) Thanks! I have been setting the DVDs aside and getting the magazines out to help with ideas...I will refer back to the DVDs soon!

Crystal & Ryan - Café Cyan said...

Good luck with the yoga routine! I'm not good with doing it on my own, I need a class to get my butt moving.

Also, best of luck on the job search. If you were a computer programmer, I'd be able to help. Maybe in my next recruiting job I can be of more help :) (wish me luck searching too!)

Catherine said...

Harmonia, which yoga magazines do you like best? I've only ever used DVDs -- I guess I'm not quite confident enough in my yoga abilities to design my own routines.

Crystal, I wish I could afford yoga classes! I think they would be much more fun (and effective, with an instructor there to push you and show you ways to adjust your poses) than doing DVDs in my apartment. :) Good luck with your job search, too! Keep us posted.

EatPeacePlease said...

Good luck with the new job.

My only exercise is the "little everyday things", plus a bit of yoga (aka, laying on the floor with Killian). I commend you for being able to follow a tape.

funwithyourfood said...

New job! I'm excited for you- Good luck

Teddy

Anonymous said...

I just read the most disturbing article about aspartame.

More reason to kick the Diet Coke habit. http://www.newstarget.com/soft_drinks.html

This seems to be a very interesting website full of articles about health/nutrition (although I'm sure, as with everything, it should be taken with a grain of salt).

-Crystal
http://vivaciousvegan.blogspot.com

vegchic2(Jody) said...

Catherine, good luck with the job search and the yoga routine. I started my exercise routine again after slacking off last month. Jumped right back into it a little too fast and I am feeling pretty sore today.

Yay on the new plates. I had the same issue and picked up some on clearance for better photos.

Crystal & Ryan - Café Cyan said...

Catherine - thanks for the support! As far as the classes go, I do them at the YMCA (free with my membership), but then again, you'd have to pay for a membership. I love the Y, but it would be great to go to a class where the instructor was more hands on in helping.

Again, good luck!!

-Crystal

Johanna3 said...

yoga, i must try it someday!

raising_kahne said...

I agree with you on the yoga. Sometimes I love to have something high-impact, but sometimes I want some relaxing yoga time.