Wednesday, October 07, 2009

three meals and an awesome treat

I've been eating this for breakfast all week:
Although probably slightly higher in calories than a regular bowl of oatmeal, baked oatmeal keeps well and microwaves easily throughout the week. Yum! Whole grains for breakfast!

Dinner Monday night:
Chickpea Cutlets and Mustard Sauce, both from Veganomicon, with sides of roasted potatoes and steamed broccoli. Hearty, delicious, and satisfying!

Dinner last night:
We've been digging spicy food lately, and this coconut curry did not disappoint. Tempeh, squash, mushrooms, and spinach, in a creamy, spicy sauce, all over brown rice. Yum!

Last but not least . . .
I just HAD to make a pie with some of those apples we picked at the apple orchard last weekend! I don't care if a slice of pie has more calories than my typical breakfast . . . pie is SO tasty. Yum. Hands down my favorite dessert!


mtbVegan said...

That pie looks awesome! I'm going to start making my own pies here shortly. I'm craving pumpkin pie...and

HayMarket8 said...

Ohhh?!?!?!? I would bathe in the apple pie if I could.....sooo goood!

Liz said...

Catherine- You're pies always look so good!

Cafe Cyan said...

Apple Pie - YES! I'll make one over the weekend after I recover from making 8 pints of applesauce :)

aTxVegn said...

Everything looks wonderful! I have yet to bake oatmeal and I don't know why since I know I would love it. And I can't wait to make an apple pie. Yours is beautiful!

pavotrouge said...

yay to pie and cake for breakfast!