Sunday, May 02, 2010

weekend eats and baking projects

Did a little baking today . . .

trail mix cookies:

I made my usual oatmeal cookies, adding a ton of leftover trail mix that was languishing in our fridge. Fantastic! Lots of flavors, textures, and colors in these babies.

granola:

The usual, made with a few cashews this time. Yum!

And, a few meals . . .

Sushi!

I made a few cucumber, avocado, and asparagus rolls for myself, and since Dan bought himself a small piece of sushi-grade fish, he was a happy camper, too!

Beans and Rice:

Plated, with some roasted asparagus:

I can't believe how long it's been since I've made beans and rice, and Dan and I both agreed it's been too long! So yum.

Stay tuned for a few pictures from the hike we took on Saturday afternoon. Hope you had a good weekend, too!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Your sushi turned out great! (Mine never looks that good!)