Thursday, November 09, 2006

ch-ch-ch-changes . . .

Ah, will my life ever settle down? I guess not -- at least not right now! There has been lots and lots of drama with my day job, which has led to my giving my two-week notice yesterday (my last day teaching will be the day before Thanksgiving.) Essentially, this resignation has very little to do with me -- there was a huge miscommunication between HR and my supervisors regarding my availability, which required me to resign. (Essentially, HR offered me the hours 8 - 4:30, and my supervisors suddenly expected me to be on call/available from 6:45 a.m. to 6 p.m. five days a week. Second job = not a possibility! I can't support myself on what they pay me, so, I was forced to resign.) I've discovered over these past few weeks that the organization was not a place I was interested in working for anyway, so it's back to the job hunt. (And I can fill in with retail hours until I find something permanent.) I'll keep you posted!

And now, on to the food . . . !

1. I did manage to make chocolate chip cookies last Sunday night . . . only, at the last second, I decided to make oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies! Yum. These are definitely going in the cookbook, and will be tested by Carrie, my vegan coworker. (She's excited!)
example
And, a close-up:
example

2. Possibly a sign that I am too busy? Dinner one night earlier this week:
example

3. Sauteed mushrooms . . . yum! (Olive oil, garlic, dried fines herbs, salt, and a splash of balsamic vinegar):
example

And that, friends, has been the extent of my cooking so far this week! Pathetic. Sheesh.

I'm actually home sick from work today (high fever last night that has been coming down since I woke up this morning -- ah, the power of 12 hours of sleep!), so back to the couch I go. Happy Thursday, everyone!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Get lots of rest! I hope you feel better soon. nothing wrong with cereal for dinner! Those mushrooms, simple as they may be, look really good! I am craving some now.

madeinalaska said...

hope you are already feeling even better now.. if not soon.. yep, I agree w/ melissa those mushrooms look really yummy! I LOVE mushrooms!
I also hope your job hunting goes smoothly.

Nikk said...

That's a shame about the job! Best of luck to you finding something else...soon!

The cookies look great, but those mushrooms belong in my tummy! :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your job not working out! I am glad you like your other job, at least. Are you still interested in working at the University? Let me know...I could ask around and see if anyone is hiring, if you want (I work at the U of MN, in the School of Public Health).

Feel better soon! I think eating cookies helps fevers....

Anonymous said...

I love the looks of those mushrooms. Get well soon!

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better really soon! I love sauteed mushrooms. One of my favorite dishes of all time! Marty once ate cereal (as a bachelor) for 14 meals in a row. Yikes! He's a creature of habit if I ever saw one.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you've had quite a week. I really want some sauteed mushrooms and to make cookies now! Hope you feel better. I had the night-time fever Sunday and actually skipped class on Monday (the first time I've missed in two years!). Hope the job search goes well and you get back to cooking soon.

Anonymous said...

what a week! rest and take it easy!

Hannah said...

mmmmm! I LOVE oatmeal rasin cookies, but never seen them with chocolate chips in them! Decidente!:)

Dori said...

Hey cheerios for dinner... I thought I've been an original doing this - ha! Glad to hear about your new job, ut them I saw today's post. Well the food looks awesome!!