Thursday, January 25, 2007

job news, sort of. :)

As many of you know, I have been working full-time at a locally-owned, high-end kitchenwares store since November or so, to make ends meet during the holidays and to avoid looking for something more permanent. As my temporary status will wear off in a couple of weeks, I had started the search again . . . only to be presented with a possibility from my current employer! My store manager offered me 32 hours a week on the sales floor, plus as much independent contracting work as a server upstairs in our cooking school and event center as I want (which pays better than the sales associate work,) and also offered me one more exciting possibility: they are looking for an editor for their newsletter! I don't have that job yet, because I need to prep a writing sample on a topic they have not yet given me, but it's sure exciting. I'd love to get paid to do food writing! :) I have to say, it's really nice working someplace where my presence is valued, and they are excited to have me around for the long term. Novel concept, eh?

Speaking of work . . . I should probably finish up my lunch and head over there right about now! Later, skaters.

8 comments:

bazu said...

Holy cow, that sounds like such a sweet job offer! To be able to stay at the place you love, and get more opportunities! Food writing sounds like so much fun. Congrats and good luck!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Catherine! That is wonderful! Having a job that you enjoy where they appreciate you is something, isn't it?!

Courtney

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

That's so neat! Best of Luck.

funwithyourfood said...

Congrats!! that is great. Wish my work was the same way :P


Teddy

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you! That sounds like a great opportunity.

Crystal said...

Yay! That's so exciting and such a cool place to work.

I wonder if you work tonight..I'll be over at PaperSource doing an invitation making class and might stop by if the stars align.

-Crystal

Emily said...

that sounds great! I hope it works out!!

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful Catherine! Having a job that you enjoy where they appreciate you is something so good!