Friday, September 28, 2007

Escarole, Three Bean, and Roasted Garlic Soup

From Cooking Light magazine . . .
example

roasted garlic
fresh sage
olive oil
escarole
veggie broth
Basic Marinara (I blogged about this recipe a couple of days ago)
black pepper
Great Northern beans
kidney beans
pinto beans
Parmesan cheese

Other than roasting the garlic, this was incredibly easy to make, as you can see by the short ingredient list. Rich, smoky (from the fire-roasted tomatoes I used in the sauce,) slightly sweet, and downright delicous.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful photo! It looks like something you would have in a restaurant...
It sounds great!

Courtney

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious. Would you believe I've never had escarole? Crazy, I know.

Catherine Weber said...

Courtney, thanks! Actually, I was kind of mad at myself for sloshing the soup all over the rim while transferring it to my desk for photo-taking . . . lighting in my kitchen is ba-ad!

Crystal, thanks! It is very, very delicious. I don't think I'd ever had escarole until this soup, either! It's definitely one of the more mild greens -- sweeter, even. A very nice addition to all of the beans, roasted garlic, and tomato sauce. Mmmmm!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to make this soup at home, but I don't have the exact measurements. Could you share the recipe with us?

Eating Consciously said...

I just discovered your blog and it's possibly the most interesting one I have come across. I will definitely check back often for updates and I am going to link you on my blog. Keep up the good work!