Saturday, January 03, 2009

yesterday's sicky-poo flog

BREAKFAST:
example
not pictured: black coffee and half a (very large) lemon-poppyseed muffin that I ate at work, before I decided to come home sick. (Coming home had nothing to do with the muffin.)

LUNCH:
example
Yummy leftovers. Not pictured: vitamin. (Forgot it at breakfast.)

SNACK:
example
I only ate about half the muffin -- didn't have much appetite yesterday.

DINNER:
example
Luckily, I had made the lasagna I wanted to serve the night before, so all I had to do in my sickened state was bake it off and make a salad.

TREAT:
example
There MAY have been one additional cookie consumed as well. :)

MOVIE SNACK:
I made Dan and I some popcorn (with melted Earth Balance and some salt) to enjoy while watching a movie. I also ate two homemade caramels. Have to balance the salty and sweet, eh?

EXERCISE:
None. Trying to stay awake during the afternoon was hard enough work! (I did eventually nap . . . I was feeling lousy yesterday!)

~~~~~~~~~~

Does anyone else CRAVE junk when they are sick? I certainly do. I'm feeling much better today, (although I still have a nasty cough,) so let's hope I can cut down on the cookies and get some exercise!

4 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Hope you continue to feel better!!

Shawn Powers said...

It depends on the sick... If I'm just generally icky, yes I want to eat like a hog. Usually salty stuff. Mmmm...

Sharon said...

I do too! I crave junk food when I am sick. LOL!
Feel better soon!!!!!!!

Liz said...

Boy, do I crave junk when I'm sick. I get massive craving especially when I have a cold. So much so that when the cold is done I'm left with an upset tummy from all the super spicy, then super sweet, then spicy, then sweet... foods I ate. Hope you feel better soon!