Monday, February 15, 2010

off and on the yoga wagon

I must confess . . . I sort of "fell off" the yoga wagon last week. Too many busy nights, too little sleep, and too many germs at work made it REALLY hard to want to exercise when I got home from work, even if it was only for a few minutes. And then my laziness continued into the weekend -- we were busy, and I was TIRED. Like, I took a nap on Saturday tired, and THEN went to bed early on Saturday night, too!

All of that rest must have done me some good, because I feel back to my old self today, but I had definitely fallen out of the "habit" of doing yoga several nights per week. How to get myself back on the yoga wagon?

I contemplated a long, challenging, 45-minute practice tonight, especially since I arrived home early from work. Then, I thought, "nah, 20 minutes is enough -- better make myself feel successful right away!"

So I did, and logged, my 20 minutes. And I feel better. And I'll most likely do more yoga tomorrow! (I'm going to take my iPod and pants to work with me, and squeeze in 30 minutes during my break, since Dan and I have plans with his parents tomorrow night.)

What do you think? How do you motivate yourself to get back on track with healthy habits?

No comments: