Friday, December 03, 2010

white rice to the rescue!

Now, we really do try to eat as healthfully as possible at our house, but sometimes, you just gotta enjoy white rice with dinner! (Especially when your normally 1-hour bus commute takes TWO hours due to snow! Waa!)

"Seasoned Tempeh," from Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home, (the simplest tempeh marinade EVER, and one of the tastiest, in my opinion!), steamed broccoli, and Basmati rice. Yum! The whole meal was ready in twenty minutes, and as Liz kindly reminded me when we were shopping at the Indian grocery a few weeks ago, Basmati rice still has a lower glycemic index than regular white long-grain rice, so there!

While I was suffering in the cold waiting for the bus, Dan kindly did a bunch of dishes, did ALL of the laundry, took out the recycling, and cleaned the apartment! Woo! We are going to have one kick-ass lazy weekend! Almost all of the work is already done -- happy Friday night to all!

1 comment:

MeloMeals said...

I'm a sucker for basmati rice. I grew up eating it. It's comfort food to me.