Friday, November 30, 2012

the cookie plan

As my Facebook friends know, I started thinking about Christmas cookie-baking this week.  (You know, I did observe that whole "one holiday at a time" plan, and then as soon as Thanksgiving was over, it was time!)  I decided to draw myself a chart this year, which helped a lot!  I devised rows for bars, cookies, and candies, and categories such as "classic," "chocolate," "ginger," "lemon," "fruit," and "nut."  I then went through all of my past blog posts about cookie-baking, adding recipes I might like to make and/or repeat from years past.  And then I went through my bookmarked cookie and bar recipes, just to make sure I wasn't missing anything!  :)  Once I had all of my ideas down, I chose one or two selections in each area.  Here's what I believe to be my final list:

Basic Sugar Cookie Dough (with frosting and sprinkles)
Merengues (likely not dipped in chocolate and nuts)
Anise Tea Crescents
White Chocolate and Peppermint Brownies
Chewy Chocolate-Cherry Cookies
Double Ginger Crackles
Gingerbread Cut-Out Cookies
Cream Cheese Meltaways with Lemon Glaze
Apricot Coconut Bars
Maple-Walnut Spice Cookies

Ten cookies/bars this year, and no candies.  This might be the first year of my life baking for the holidays and NOT making candy.  I'm also still debating whether I should switch out one of the cookies for a bar in a similar category . . . thoughts?

What are you planning on baking this year?

No comments: