Sunday, January 01, 2006

The Hopefuls to the rescue!

So, Christine and I went out to the Cities 97 New Year's Eve thing at the Hyatt last night. Man, I was disappointed. If you like plain jane, vanilla, drunken frat-boy music, you would have had a good time. Blech!

That is . . . until The Hopefuls took the stage. Man, what a fun band. They had TWO drummers (playing simultaneously) and some random dude who was dancing and hanging from the rafters; Darren Jackson's hair just kept getting bigger and bigger over the course of the evening, and Erik Appelwick is just a little cutie. I've had "Motobike" stuck in my head ever since.

Thank you to The Hopefuls for rescuing what otherwise could have been a major New Year's Eve letdown!

How was your evening?

I'm going to have to make a point to go and see both Kid Dakota and Vicious Vicioius soon. I'm going to be spending a lot of time in clubs and bars this month! A great new-year's resolution, if you ask me.

Actually, my real resolution is to have a draft of my cookbook ready to start sending off to publishers by this time next year. Hold me to it!

What's your resolution?

No comments: