Tuesday, January 31, 2006

fancy trick

Well, calling this a "fancy trick" is pushing it really. There's nothing fancy or tricky about my new lunch packing in an instant method, but I still think it's pretty cool.

When I get home from work, I always hit the kitchen right away, because I'm usually crabby-starving. So lately, instead of immediately starting dinner, I have been taking 5 minutes to thoroughly wash and dry my lunchbox. Then, as I'm dishing up whatever I'm going to eat for dinner, I dish up my lunch for the next day, too. Snap the lid closed, and ta-da! My lunch is packed. And I don't make a ton of extra dishes/spoons/whatever by waiting to pack my lunch later and having to scoop everything out of containers again.

See? I think it's a fancy trick.

Other things I love about my lunchbox? It's smaller than my old one but fits more food, because it maximizes space, and because I have to wash the containers every day if I want to use it every day, it has cut down SIGNIFICANTLY on my dishes. No more mountains of tupperware to wash on the weekends. (I can't even begin to tell you how much I HATE washing tupperware.)

In unrelated news, The Current's latest "policy and a pint" is about the book Strapped. It sounds interesting. It has received mixed reviews on Amazon, but I still really want to read it. I will have to search for it at the library, as soon as I'm done with Lamb. I'll let you know how it is!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup, definitely fancy! :)

Here is my version of your fancy trick: When I make meals like spaghetti or pasta that need to cut up for Livi to eat, I put about a cup into the mini food processor, and it's ready to go in just a few seconds.

No, that's not the fancy trick. The fancy trick is to then chop ANOTHER cup, so she can have it for lunch tomorrow. Chop twice, clean up once.

Love the fancy trick. :D

Oh, and I went to the website for your lunchbox, and I am enamored with the "Lunch Date." Wish it wasn't so expensive! (And I wish I actually had to pack my lunch every day so I could rationalize buying it...)

Catherine Weber said...

I had to think about buying the lunch box for a long time, even though I only got the plastic outer box, inner containers, and fork and spoon. It was a lot of money for a lunchbox. But, I can't even tell you how much I love it! It's just so fabulous.