Saturday, August 12, 2006
Marathon Munchies (shoes hidden, too!)
I have a tale of marathon munchies this weekend -- with accompanying photos! Christine and I ran errands together today, and here's what we did:
1. I tried to sell some coats at Everyday People -- they didn't want to buy any of them, because they weren't "vintage-looking enough." Boo on them.
2. We both donated bags of clothes (and some kitchen stuff and the coats, of course) to the Goodwill.
3. We went to the post office so I could mail a package (had to return a camera piece I ordered that I didn't end up needing.)
4. We went to Patina so Christine could pick up a birthday present for her friend Karla. I almost bought another purse. Christine helped me put it back. :) Thanks, Christine.
5. We had lunch at Urban Harvest. They have wonderful sandwiches, and I can actually eat vegan there! My lunch:
A hummus, avocado, lettuce, tomato, red pepper, red onion, cucumber, and sprout sandwich on 8-grain bread with salt and vinegar potato chips, and a big glass of water. I didn't eat my pickle, because it was wobbly and looked smushed and a little funny. This was a tragedy, because I LOVE pickles. But the sandwich was excellent, as always!
6. We went to Target and I picked up a few travel essentials for the trip later this week.
7. We popped in Famous Footwear, because I've been searching for a new pair of black heels. I found some! They are on the left:
Also included in this picture are the orange and cream Chucks and the brown flats by Soda that I bought a few weeks ago. Gotta love new shoes. Sneaky, sneaky kitty.
8. We went to Home Depot so I could have a copy of my new front door key cut for my favorite cat-sitter. Thanks in advance, Tony!
9. We finally made it to the Wedge, and here's what I bought:
roasted, salted mixed nuts (travel snacks)
half a pound of organic and Fair Trade Twin Cities Blend Peace Coffee
whole wheat and trans-fat-free pie shells (a pack of 2)
Fantastic Foods falafel mix (had a coupon)
six organic fruit leather (travel snacks)
1 box firm organic Mori-Nu silken tofu
8 ounce bottle Annie's organic balsamic vinaigrette (had a coupon)
15 ounces organic pumpkin puree
1 chocolate brownie Clif bar (travel snacks AND had a coupon)
2 Clif Nectar bars (travel snacks AND had a coupon)
2 Cherry Pie LaraBars (travel snacks)
1 bottle Nantucket Nectars apple juice
1 4-pack of Seventh Generation TP (had a coupon)
Merry Hempsters vegan peppermint lip balm
Tom's of Maine lemongrass soap (had a buy 3 Tom's coupon)
2 Tom's of Maine peppermint shaving cream
Nature's Gate original herbal shampoo
2 Preserve toothbrushes
Alba dry skin lotion (had a coupon)
Burt's Bees garden tomato toner
Burt's Bees garden tomato complexion bar soap
2 organic, local cucumbers
1 organic avocado
1 organic mango
1 organic black plum
1 organic yellow peach
10 organic, local button mushrooms
1 organic, local red onion
1 organic, local heirloom tomato
1 package organic romaine hearts
1 package organic baby carrots
1 box organic, local red grape tomatoes
a quarter organic watermelon
1 package organic 8-grain tempeh
HolyLand whole wheat pita bread (made with organic flour)
Planned cooking projects for this week:
tofu pumpkin pie
tempeh bacon, lettuce, tomato, and avocado sandwiches
a Greek-type pasta salad with loads of yummy veggies and chickpeas
falafel or barbecued tofu (or both!)
Off to see Cloud Cult play tonight, and later, The Hopefuls! I will take the camera and hopefully take some pictures.