Friday, March 14, 2008

TGIF!

Quick funny story . . .

As many of you know, I purchased a Soyabella soymilk maker some months ago now, and have been happily making my own soy and almond milks ever since. (And one experiment with some almond-pistachio milk -- delicious, but slightly pale green in color!) Dan always gets excited when it's time to make a fresh batch of almond milk -- and always wants to drink a big glass when it's finished!

I was talking to Dan last night, and he told me that he brags about my soymilk and almond milk-making to people. Am I a nerd? Is Dan a nerd? Maybe?

But I think that's pretty funny! ("My girlfriend's so cool -- she makes her own soymilk!")

TGIF, indeed, folks. I'm SO glad it's almost the weekend!

4 comments:

MeloMeals said...

I think it's awesome he brags about it! I think your cool that you make your own milk!! .. and I always hated that my EX didn't think it was cool that i made my own!

gc said...

i wish i could make my own soymilk. i would brag too!

Judy said...

You are most definitely a food nerd - but hey, it's a fun thing to be, I am one too! My boyfriend is always bragging to people about the things I do - making my own hummus, coming up with recipes, etc. He is so stoked about it, I think it's cool!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. You are awesome. Dan is awesome for saying that.

:)