Thursday, October 16, 2008

my favorite snack . . . for breakfast.

One of my all-time most favorite snacks EVER is an apple with peanut butter. Don't get me wrong -- I love summer's produce, but when apples are BACK in the fall, I get excited!! I crack open a new jar of no-stir, and spread away. Mmmmmm.

I decided to get a little bit creative with my breakfast this morning. Apple-cinnamon oatmeal is one of my most favorite things in the world . . . and I see people stirring nut butters into their oatmeal on a daily basis on many blogs . . . what about peanut-butter-apple oatmeal, I thought? I gave it a try:
example
HOLY HECK, this has been one of the best breakfasts ever! Rich and creamy from the almond milk and peanut butter, but with little bursts of tart apple throughout. Directions:
1. Combine 1 cup almond milk and 1 small apple, chopped, in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
2. Stir in 1/2 cup rolled oats. Lower the heat and cook 5 to 8 minutes, until most of the milk has been absorbed, or until you reach your favorite thickness.
3. Stir in 1 small spoonfull of brown sugar and 1 spoonfull of peanut butter.

Enjoy!

(It's almost Friday!! Woo! And it's grocery night for me, too!)

4 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Holy YUM ;0)

Rural Vegan said...

As soon as I buy peanut butter, I sit down with it and a couple apples. Delicious! I never thought of adding it to oatmeal but it sounds perfect!

Rose said...

Wow, what a great idea! I never thought to do something like this, sounds great!

aTxVegn said...

This is one of my favorites too! I like oatmeal for a bedtime snack.