Tuesday, January 12, 2010

decadently delicious pizza!

I realize that "real" pizza is all about the crust, with very minimal toppings.

I guess I don't make "real" pizza, but it sure is tasty! (What can I say . . . I like toppings!) Check out this bad boy:

Lump #2 of the Olive Oil Dough as the crust, topped with a "sauce" of caramelized onions, three cheeses (mozzarella, parmesan, and FETA!), mushrooms, diced canned tomatoes, artichokes, spinach, kalamata olives, and slices of fresh garlic.

Usually, I enjoy two pieces of pizza; this pie was so loaded, one slice was sufficient for me! :) And I almost had a panic attack when I thought Dan had finished up the leftovers for breakfast AND lunch today . . . and then I noticed stuff just got pushed to the back of the fridge. WHEW! Pizza panic averted!

Stay tuned for more bread dough useage coming up later this week!


Courtney said...

Who says "real" pizza is about the crust?!? Who cares about the crust--toppings are where its at! And your toppings in particular sound freaking amazing. Yum :-)


Victoria said...

It looks amazing! I'm using my olive oil dough for pizza this week too!