Saturday, January 16, 2010

haircut, food

First, as promised, a glimpse of the new haircut:

It's basically a "bob" -- longer in the front, shorter in the back -- but because my hair is "weird" (not really straight, not really curly,) it does its weird "flippy" thing. Oh well! I like it a lot -- much lower maintenance, much less static-y, and takes a lot less time to wash, too!

Here's what I made for dinner last night:

A frequent and favorite repeat at our house -- red curry! Same sauce as always, (can of coconut milk, 2 tbsp each soy sauce and red curry paste, and water to thin it out,) this time made with tempeh, garlic, ginger, potato (I precooked it at the same time I simmered the tempeh,) broccoli, red pepper, and a few mushrooms, served over brown rice. Yummy! The only thing that would have made this even tastier would have been a squeeze of fresh lime juice at the end -- must remember for next time!

Dan and I were originally planning on going out to see a friend's band play last night, but you know how hard it is to go out on Friday night! We ended up staying in, watching a movie, munching on popcorn (a whole grain snack!) and having treats!

Virgil's rootbeer and Alden's organic vanilla ice cream . . . YUUUUUUUMMMMMMM!!! Rootbeer floats hit the spot any time, if you ask me!

What's your all-time favorite movie treat?

1 comment:

Shaheen said...

Catherine,
I love the look of your food, it is so homely, just they way i like it. Good honest food. I am curious about that rootbeer though...interesting.