Saturday, November 06, 2010

throwing things in a pot

_example

I've been nursing a cold this week, and food is just not all that appealing . . . I still have an appetite, but it sort of comes and goes, and even though I'm hungry, nothing sounds good! Waa!

For today's lunch, I just sort of threw a few things in a pot, heated it up, and voila! Had a black bean soup I actually wanted to eat!

I was pleasantly surprised by my combination of leftover refried black beans, a few splashes of water, a couple spoonfulls of salsa, a couple dashes of cumin, a healthy dash of chili powder, and a few dashes of Cholula. Nice and spicy, but still comforting and tasty. I think the saltiness of the refried beans and salsa helped the soup taste so good to my diminished palate -- not an every day kind of meal, but it hit the spot today! And I seem to always be able to eat black beans, no matter what -- I think they might be one of my favorite foods!

What have you tossed together recently that you were pleasantly surprised by?

1 comment:

MeloMeals said...

haha.. everything I make is stuff I toss together lately.. I made a quick soup tonight out of leftover pasta, cooked lentils and zucchini and lots of garlic and rosemary.