Sunday, February 26, 2006

best . . . lunch . . . ever . . .

Sometimes, the simplest things are the best. I threw together a few things I had laying about the 'fridge, and came up with a stellar lunch for myself!

I split a smallish zucchini lengthwise and scraped a cavity out of the middle of each half. I filled the cavities with a stuffing of chopped onion, minced rosemary, a little freshly grated parmesan, whole grain breadcrumbs, and a little melted leftover roasted garlic butter as a binder. (I should have used a squeeze of lemon juice, too -- oh well! Next time.)

I peeled and diced a medium orange-flesh tuber (call it a sweet potato or a yam, no matter to me,) and tossed the cubes with a little extra-virgin olive oil, pepper, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.

I baked the stuffed zucchini and spiced potato cubes at 400 for 15 minutes or so, stirring the sweet potatoes a couple of times.

I plated the zucchini and potato, and finished the potato with a drizzle of honey. I added a glass of milk and a side of whole wheat pita bread with hummus.

I'm happy!

No comments: