Sunday, July 18, 2010

little to show

I have had a very busy day today, but I have little to show for all of my efforts! Since I had to work yesterday, today became sort of a "power day" -- errands, cooking, laundry, and cleaning galore! I'm exhausted! I do have one meal to show you, though . . .



Happy, happy pizza. :) (We had a salad, too!)

What ELSE did I do today? Let's see . . . I went to the Farmer's Market, co-op, and to Kohl's (shout out to Christine! Queen of coupons!) to score some new sheets at a deep, deep discount. Washed, dried, and folded three loads of laundry, made three small loaves of zucchini bread, washed and chopped lettuce for salads, washed and pulled the strings off a mountain of sugar-snap peas, steamed some beets, caramelized a pile of onions, made a fresh batch of almond milk, made a ginger-mint limeade, and washed mountains of dishes! Somewhere in there, I managed to squeeze in 20 minutes of yoga . . . it's been a productive day. (This is not including all of the stuff Dan got done today! We're little tornado-people.)

How was your Sunday?

3 comments:

Ali said...

Woo hoo! Sundays are made for getting this kind of stuff done!

I went to the Farmer's Market and grocery store, made a batch of yogurt, a batch of granola, a batch of pickles, salmon burgers, cleaned a huge pile of baby carrots, steamed 2 bunches of beets, cleaned and sliced lots of cucumbers and radishes, went for a walk, and drank half a bottle of white wine!

I'm a tornado, too!

Emily said...

My sunday was full of food prep, errands, etc! It was wonderful though, I've been out of town a lot, so even doing that stuff was nice! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey--did you like how your zucchini bread turned out? I am looking for a good recipe!

Your pizza looks delicious, as always :-)

Courtney