Wednesday, July 21, 2010

feeling crappy? make tacos!

It's only Wednesday, and I've had a pretty rough week so far.

Work has been tough, my back has gone completely haywire (so I haven't been sleeping very well and am in pain and/or stiff all day long, plus I limp like a peg-legged pirate -- arrr!) my allergies are driving me nuts, and it's been hellishly hot all week long. (I'm kind of a melter in the sticky summer weather.)

To top it all off? I had a MIGRANE today!

UGH.

Dan's at band practice tonight, so I was on my own for dinner. Even though all I really wanted to do was drown my sorrows in a big bowl of ice cream, I did decide I could pull it together enough to make myself some tacos.

Exhibit A:

Whole-wheat tortilla from the Farmer's Market, home-cooked black beans, stir-fried local peppers and onions, local pepper jack cheese, salsa, local sour cream, sliced avocado, and local lettuce.

I feel better now. Especially after following my meal with a much smaller-than-originally-planned bowl of ice cream. :)

~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of tacos, the kids and I were talking about how much we all like tacos today, and I mentioned that I don't think I know anyone who doesn't like tacos. Do you know anyone who doesn't like tacos? I'm curious to test my theory!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Tacos make everything better!!
I don't think I've ever met someone who didn't like tacos either...