Tuesday, November 06, 2007

pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin!

First, Dan and I finally got around to carving our pumpkins this past Sunday night:
example
I'll let you guess as to which one is mine, which is Dan's.

Next, we saved every last pumpkin seed from our carving to make . . .
example
Tamari-Roasted Pumpkin Seeds! (They are all gone already. Bummer.)

Last, I used a can of pumpkin to make . . .
example
Tofu Pumpkin Pie! Even though the crust crumbled off of this piece a little bit, it still tasted stellar. I love this recipe so much, I will probably never make a regular pumpkin pie ever again!

Happy belated Halloween!

3 comments:

Hippie Girl said...

Love your blog! We also roasted all of our pumpkin seeds and ate them right away! ha ha Were did u get the tofu pumpkin recipe. I pulled one off the web to make and it ended up gross. So i'd like to find a good one.

Anonymous said...

Yum-E!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Now THAT is a pie would probably eat more than a bite of--hardly any crust at all and practically all "filling!" It looks great--what recipe do you use?

Courtney