Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Yoga Challenge (day 11), minis, and another photo-less FLOG

First, I thought I was going to get up early this morning and do yoga . . . THAT wasn't happening, since I had a lousy night's sleep. Then, I thought I'd come home during my break and do yoga . . . but it's FREEZING outside, and I just didn't feel like going out until I had to. So, that left yoga for getting home from work time!

I did 20 minutes of "Stress Relief Yoga for Beginners" tonight, which was just what I needed. I've noticed that since this challenge started, I'm more able to focus on my breathing, especially during less challenging practices. I really had the "ocean-wooshing" thing going on tonight!

~~~~~~~~~~

Even though I have no photos for the FLOG today, I do have one delightful little thing to show you:
example
Well, really, many delightful little things! I made a mountain of mini-muffins for church choir practice treats tonight -- pumpkin-pecan, hearty spiced cocoa, and banana-date, all from Joy of Vegan Baking. (I used whole-wheat pastry flour for all three recipes, and cut the sugar in half for the banana and pumpkin ones. I also used the banana recipe, subbing pumpkin and adding pumpkin pie spice, for that variation.) All three are deeeeeee-licious! I hope they are well received, and folks aren't creeped out by spicy sweets. (Those cocoa ones are deep, rich, and have a touch of heat to them! Woo-eee!)

~~~~~~~~~~

Breakfast:
Black coffee, Cream of Wheat with soymilk, and a banana.

Lunch:
Mr. Dennis's alfredo pasta, a scoop of diced canned beets, my homemade coleslaw, and a frosted sugar cookie.

Snack:
Muffin, pear, and a cinnamon-roll flavored "Dum Dums" pop.

Dinner:
Three mini-muffins, (one of each flavor,) diced mango, and leftover chili topped with shredded cheddar and diced avocado. And I'll go take my multivitamin now, too!

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

LOOOOVELY TREATS!!

Sharon said...

Oh my gosh, muffins are delightful! I wish I could bake as good as you! Lovely! I want one of those cocoa ones!

aTxVegn said...

Yummy! I haven't tried those recipes yet, but they sure look good!