Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Yoga Challenge (day 11), minis, and another photo-less FLOG

First, I thought I was going to get up early this morning and do yoga . . . THAT wasn't happening, since I had a lousy night's sleep. Then, I thought I'd come home during my break and do yoga . . . but it's FREEZING outside, and I just didn't feel like going out until I had to. So, that left yoga for getting home from work time!

I did 20 minutes of "Stress Relief Yoga for Beginners" tonight, which was just what I needed. I've noticed that since this challenge started, I'm more able to focus on my breathing, especially during less challenging practices. I really had the "ocean-wooshing" thing going on tonight!


Even though I have no photos for the FLOG today, I do have one delightful little thing to show you:
Well, really, many delightful little things! I made a mountain of mini-muffins for church choir practice treats tonight -- pumpkin-pecan, hearty spiced cocoa, and banana-date, all from Joy of Vegan Baking. (I used whole-wheat pastry flour for all three recipes, and cut the sugar in half for the banana and pumpkin ones. I also used the banana recipe, subbing pumpkin and adding pumpkin pie spice, for that variation.) All three are deeeeeee-licious! I hope they are well received, and folks aren't creeped out by spicy sweets. (Those cocoa ones are deep, rich, and have a touch of heat to them! Woo-eee!)


Black coffee, Cream of Wheat with soymilk, and a banana.

Mr. Dennis's alfredo pasta, a scoop of diced canned beets, my homemade coleslaw, and a frosted sugar cookie.

Muffin, pear, and a cinnamon-roll flavored "Dum Dums" pop.

Three mini-muffins, (one of each flavor,) diced mango, and leftover chili topped with shredded cheddar and diced avocado. And I'll go take my multivitamin now, too!


VeggieGirl said...


Sharon said...

Oh my gosh, muffins are delightful! I wish I could bake as good as you! Lovely! I want one of those cocoa ones!

aTxVegn said...

Yummy! I haven't tried those recipes yet, but they sure look good!