Thursday, March 05, 2009

Yoga Challenge (day 5), co-op haul, and FLOG

I'm regretting not getting up earlier this morning and doing my yoga first thing, because I've had a very long, very busy day, and I still have to squeeze in a short practice! I'm planning on 20 minutes of "Stress Relief Yoga for Beginners" right before bed -- I guess I can't think of a nicer way to unwind after a nutzo day!

~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to this sight this morning:
example
(Please ignore how DIRTY my fridge is!)

Good thing I planned on grocery shopping after work tonight! Things are looking a little brighter after spending $87 . . .

example

BULK:
organic "gold & white" flour
local, organic, whole-wheat bread flour
locally-roasted, organic, fair-trade coffee

FROZEN:
local, organic garden veggie pizza

HERBS & SPICES:
local, organic celery salt
kava root

PACKAGED GROCERY:
organic diced tomatoes

PRODUCE:
organic broccoli
organic bananas
organic mango
organic grapefruit
organic lemons
organic Minneolas
organic pears
organic ginger root
organic parsley
local, organic mushrooms
organic yellow onions
local, organic yellow potatoes
local hydroponic romaine
local, organic shredded cabbage
organic grape tomatoes

REFRIGERATED GROCERY:
organic superfirm tofu
organic plain soy yogurt

I was shocked when I looked at my receipt -- 44% of my purchase was local! Whoa! That's a damn miracle for early March in Minnesota!

~~~~~~~~~~

The day in food . . .

Pre-breakfast:
example
Since I was out of coffee, I treated myself to a soy latte. I'm proud of myself for bringing my own mug!

This was my planned breakfast for work:
example
Imagine the muffin wasn't there . . . because the inside was moldy! Ick. I should know better by now -- STORE MUFFINS IN FRIDGE. So, I only ate the pineapple.

By mid-morning, I was whopper-hungry, (soymilk and pineapple can only take a person so far,) so I raided our stash of kid snacks:
example
Bug-shaped graham cracker bites did the job. It was the only thing in the stash that didn't contain huge amounts of high-fructose corn syrup. (Shudder!)

Lunch:
example
Brown rice and spinach-tomato dal, and an apple.

Snack:
example
Peanut butter and apple butter pita. YUM.

Dinner:
example
Two slices of the frozen pizza I bought tonight, and a nice green salad, topped with cucumbers and grape tomatoes. I'm also going to go take my vitamin right now, since I'm realizing I forgot to take it this morning!

~~~~~~~~~~

I still have a few little odds and ends to tie up before the end of the evening -- and don't forget the yoga! Until tomorrow! (It's ALMOST Friday! Woo!)

5 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

PB-Apple Butter pita??? Holy yum!!!

Sharon said...

Oh wow, love your haul!
And oh my gosh, pizza looks delicious, and those bug-shaped grahams are too cute!

veggievixen said...

i looove grocery shopping. happy yoga-ing!

Anonymous said...

I am loving the Minneolas right now...they are so sweet they taste like candy. So good!

Courtney

MeloMeals said...

Yay for shopping and stock up!

The pizza looks so good. I'd never guess it was a frozen brand!