Friday, March 27, 2009

Yoga Challenge (day 26) and treats

Last night, I was SO tired when I finished all of my grocery shopping, baking (details to follow), and dish-washing, but I pushed myself to do 20 minutes of Yoga Journal's "Step-by-Step Session 1." There were a couple of times during down-dog that I actually had to put my knees down and rest for a minute, but I'm glad I went for the more challenging practice. Now that I have my "yoga muscles" back, I can start stepping it up a little bit, right?

I'll have plenty of time for a longer practice tonight, so let's hope I have SOME energy left when I get home from work! ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~

I enjoyed a nice, little baking party last night. I made a loaf of Broa from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day, (which made AMAZING toast this morning,) and I also made cookies:

example

Peanut butter cookies (with the optional chocolate chips!) from The Joy of Vegan Baking. Mmmmmmmmmm. Dan's response last night was, "you're really on a chocolate-peanut butter kick lately, aren't you?" Well, heck yeah!

These cookies are GREAT -- and I'm going to take about a third of the batch to work today, so I don't eat them all by myself! I'm sure my coworkers will appreciate the "teacher treats" :) If any day deserves teacher treats, Friday is definitely it!

3 comments:

Ricki said...

Oooh, cookies--and chocolate chip, no less!! Me want cookie now!

MeloMeals said...

Peanut butter and chocolate are perfect foods!

I have been catching up on your blog posts and I'm really sorry about the job thing.. to have to take a pay cut and hour long breaks is really really shitty. Hang in there...

Anonymous said...

Those cookies look fantastic!

Courtney