Sunday, February 20, 2011

SNOW DAY AGAIN!

I can't believe it . . . it's been snowing since noon, and we're expecting 15 to 20 inches before it stops snowing tomorrow! Holy macaroni! I'm extremely thankful my boss called me earlier this evening to let me know we will NOT be open tomorrow -- whew! I was a little concerned about how I was going to get to work if MetroTransit stops busses again, like they did during the last blizzard!

Anyhow . . . best thing to do when it's pouring snow outside? BAKE!

Delicious, comforting oatmeal cookies, loaded with walnuts and dried cranberries. Yum yum yum! I sent Dan off to the recording studio today with a supply of these . . . I hope they were well received! (And I hope he can get home from St. Paul in one piece!)

UPDATE: I forgot to post the cookie recipe -- sorry! Here it is!

This is a pretty basic recipe, but just goes to show how a few high-quality ingredients can combine to create something other-worldly!

Cream together:
1 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup brown sugar

Beat in until smooth:
2 eggs

Combine, then stir in to butter mixture:
2 cups regular rolled oats
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups sweetened dried cranberries
1 cup roughly chopped walnuts

Bake at 375 for 10 to 12 minutes, depending on the size of your cookies. Cool on wire racks, and enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~

I have a wonderful dinner planned for later, whenever Dan's able to roll in, and something else baking away in the oven! Later!

No comments: