Monday, January 30, 2006

I've died and gone to latke heaven.

I made two-potato latkes with garlic chive soy sour cream, an apple and red onion slaw, steamed broccoli, and a cranberry and brown and wild rice pilaf for dinner last night.

I have truly died and gone to latke heaven. Mmm. (I had leftovers for dinner tonight, and packed more in my fabulous new lunchbox for tomorrow. Wee!) I also made strawberry shortcakes tonight, but since I used frozen strawberries, it was subpar at best. Boo.

I'm thinking about adding a section to my cookbook called "fancy food" -- big, splashy meals for when you want something special and/or when you need to feed a crowd. So far, I have at least three complete menus that could work in that section. (The above latke menu plus some fabulous chocolate cake, a soft taco party menu, and buttloads of Greek appetizers.) What do you think?

BTW, I had leftover tofu scramble, pancakes, and grapes for lunch today. I can't begin to tell you how much I love my new lunchbox. I haven't even been tempted to use a ziploc bag once, since purchasing this awesome bento box. And several of my coworkers are jealous. :)

And, as an update, my missing red sock resurfaced. Hallelujah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where was the sock??? I'm dying of curiousity. Though it is probably like my own missing socks, which somehow seem to appear in the sock drawer or the laundry basket, even though I SWEAR they weren't there before...

Catherine Weber said...

It snuck behind my bed. I found it when I pulled the bed out to put the sheets back on it. (I think it must have been wedged there when I dumped out all of the laundry on my bed to fold.)