Thursday, December 04, 2008

on a budget

I'm sure you can all relate, but I was on a rather strict budget at the grocery store tonight -- $68 strict, to be exact! Between a couple of specials and two member discounts, I squeaked out of the co-op with everything on my list, plus a couple of small impulse buys (mac and cheese, a persimmon, a Naked Juice smoothie,) for $67.99! Couldn't have planned that if I had tried. :)

example

BULK:
organic, local black beans
organic, fair-trade, locally roasted coffee
local, organic rolled oats
organic jasmine rice

CHEESE:
sharp cheddar

FROZEN:
local, organic garden veggie pizza
organic apple juice concentrate

HERBS & SPICES:
kava root

PACKAGED GROCERY:
non-GMO cornstarch
Crystal hot sauce
organic mac & cheese
organic medium salsa

PRODUCE:
organic broccoli
organic persimmon
organic green beans
organic cauliflower
organic eggplant
organic ginger root
local, organic yellow potatoes
organic mini sweet peppers

REFRIGERATED GROCERY:
two packages organic three-grain tempeh
organic flour tortillas
Watermelon Chill "Naked Juice"

~~~~~~~~~~

Happy almost Friday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Fabulous!!

J said...

I can't believe you were able to get that much for that little. Wowsa, good job!

Catherine Weber said...

Jennifer, and people complain about how "expensive" the co-op is!! I don't get it.