Friday, May 21, 2010

more fast food

We've had a couple more superfast meals this week . . .

I never thought I'd be one to whip out a few homemade pita on a weeknight:

This whole falafel meal, including making the pita, came together in under an hour. Pita is definitely a weeknight bread, since it takes only about 5 minutes to bake . . . if you have Artisan Bread dough in the fridge already, it's even easier. Falafel mix from the bulk bin, some homemade yogurt-tahini sauce, and roasted green beans (from the FM) rounded out the meal. Yum!

Last night's dinner was even faster:

"Huevos Rancheros" has to be one of the fastest, easiest, protein-est meals on the planet, and it's mighty tasty, too, in my opinion. Whole-wheat tortillas, canned refried beans (GASP!), a little leftover shredded cheese, fried egg, diced avocado, and a little leftover sour cream rounded things out. Extra veggies are always a must, so side salads were an easy choice. YUM. I want this for breakfast again today, but unfortunately, we're out of eggs. :(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really need to try making pitas again! And I forgot about huevos rancheros! I need to make those next week. It's one of Brent's all-time favorite meals.

Anonymous said...

The roasted green beans look soooooo good! I didn't see green beans at the farmers market last weekend...did I miss them?!? I will have to go more slowly and pay more attention this weekend :-) I love green beans!

Courtney

Emily said...

Seriously?!? YUM!
(I agree, huevos rancheros is amazing!)