Saturday, October 30, 2010

letting the weekend be the weekend

Dan and I have been on a quest lately -- a quest to "let the weekend be the weekend." We've realized that up until recently, we have been overworked and overscheduled, both at work and at home, and we're making an effort to change that! We're trying to get a few things done during the week, (light cleaning, a load or two of laundry, grocery shopping, etc.) so we actually have some free time together on the weekends! What a novel idea, eh?

Today was one of the first weekends in a long time where I woke up and didn't really have a full "agenda" for the day! I did have to take the cat to the vet at 9:15, but the rest of the day was mine! Woo! Dan and I did end up running a bunch of errands, doing the laundry, and getting the car in for a minor thing, but we still had lots of fun -- did some browsing/fun shopping at favorite stores, went out for lunch, etc. We also had plenty of time this afternoon to go for a long walk downtown AND hang out at home!

I haven't spent much time in the kitchen today, but I did manage to whip up what I had planned for brunch at dinnertime instead:

Poached eggs, kale, and oven-roasted potatoes always makes both of us happy!

I currently have huge quantities of pumpkin roasting in my oven, so if they get done at a reasonable hour, I may yet make pumpkin pineapple muffins this evening! (I found the recipe in a magazine . . . doesn't that sound interesting? Yum.) And amazingly, the weekend is only half over! Wahoo!

No comments: