Tuesday, March 21, 2006

KALE

I have never been a fan of cooked greens. I LOVE spinach in salads and on pizzas, in lasagna, etc., but I just haven't hopped on the "greens" wagon . . .

. . . until recently. I bought a big bunch of kale at the Wedge this weekend, and loosely followed a recipe I found in one of the cookbooks I checked out from the library. (Oil, onion, garlic, kale, vegetable broth, simmer for 25 minutes. Easy.) I may not have used enough liquid, because the onion and garlic sort of scorched at the bottom of the pan, and nothing tastes quite as awful as burned garlic. I ate the kale anyway, picking around the garlic bits, and thought it was pretty good!

I bet it will be even better next time, when I DON'T burn the garlic! Sheesh.

I'm planning on an exciting Midweek Munchies post tomorrow . . . I have a bunch of stuff in my fridge that I have to use up before I go out of town, so I'm planning a big stew/soup concoction for supper tonight. I will take detailed notes, and tell you all about it!

No comments: