Friday, December 12, 2008

made it!

I made it home from the store in one piece last night, despite my massive list:
example
I did pick up everything on my list -- no more, no less -- to the tune of $225. (It sounds like a lot, but I got a lot of food for that amount of money!) Three bags fit into my push-cart, I stuffed a few things in my backpack, and I slung one last bag over my shoulder. Only one minor casualty (one cracked egg) out of the whole excursion! Woot!

After I finished unpacking everything, I crammed in a few quick cooking projects last night, to boot.

Starting some ghee:
example
Foamyness:
example
All done:
example
I hate to admit it, but butter is kind of fun. It does wacky things when heated.

More spiced cider:
example
I kept it simpler this week, using only cinnamon, vanilla, cloves, and ginger. Can't wait to try some!

Last, homemade garam masala:
example
Can you tell we're having Indian food for dinner tonight?? :)

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Whoo hoo!!! :-D

J said...

I can't believe you were able to make it home with all that stuff Catherine, I am seriously impressed. That is one big load of food, and just one cracked egg? You are like a no-car superhero!

Anonymous said...

Yay--I am glad you made it home okay :o) That spiced cider sounds sooooo good! Especially on a day like today when it is freezing (or way below freezing!) out. Is that a vanilla bean in there?! Nice touch--I *love* vanilla!

Enjoy your Indian feast!

Courtney