Sunday, September 27, 2009

an afternoon in my kitchen

It's been a busy Sunday afternoon in my kithcen . . .

First, I finished up the oven-dried tomatoes:
example

Next, I baked a batch of cookies . . .
example

And a batch of muffins . . .
example

And I also made a double-batch of hummus, cut up a watermelon, washed and cut up lettuce for salads, made the sauce for some pad thai we'll eat later this week, and prepped all of the veggies/other ingredients needed for the pad thai, portioning it out into containers for a couple of meals. (Oh yeah, and washed all of those dishes, too!) Whew! How was your Sunday?

4 comments:

Ricki said...

Wow, my Sunday was nowhere near as productive as yours! (Mostly, nursed a cold. . . though I did manage to cook a couple of things, too). :)

Vic Robinson said...

Wow. You were busy. :) How did you oven dry the tomatoes?

Anonymous said...

Wow! You did do a lot! It will make your week so much easier I'm sure! Sunday prep is really something I should do more of...

- Beth @ www.DiningAndDishing.com

aTxVegn said...

Sounds very similar to my usual Sundays. I make a pot of beans for the week, and wash my lettuces for my lunches for the week, and try to cook a nice and bake a quick treat. It makes the week ahead nice and smooth.