Thursday, September 10, 2009

weekend recap, delayed

My schedule has been insane, still! Dan has refered to my general mood these days as "frazzled." Goodness! I'm sure glad we've decided to skip camping this coming weekend, in favor of possibly a day trip. I need some time at home to get caught up!

Anyhow, my frazzled state of mind was no different in this blog post -- it's taken me four days to get up! One day to upload pictures to my computer, another day to go through pictures, delete duds, and shrink down ones I want to post, a third to upload the pictures to Flickr, and now today, finally posting! Hope it's worth it!

Labor Day Weekend, Dan and I drove down to southeastern Wisconsin to see family and friends. We had lunch with my grandparents on Saturday, hung out with friends in Madison on Saturday night, and visited my parents Sunday-Monday. Dan had requested we spend some time visiting Lake Michigan, which was GREAT! We drove up to Kohler-Andrae State Park on Sunday, did some hiking in the dunes and on a marsh walk, and enjoyed a gigantic picnic lunch my mom packed. Here are some nice photos from our day:

example

example

example

example

example

example

example

example

example

example

example

example

example

example

example

example

example

~~~~~~~~~~

I promise I've still been cooking, but it's been pretty minimal -- I've made two batches of soup this week, and we've been surviving mostly on salads and sandwiches. I have training for work tonight, (blah!), and then one more day of work before WEEKEND! WOO! And Dan's cooking Friday night, which is fun for everyone! I've suggested guest-blogging to Dan, and he's thought about it. :) We'll see what he comes up with!

I'm really looking forward to the weekend -- looking forward to getting caught up, finding some time to relax, hitting the Farmer's Market, and possibly taking a hiking day trip, too! What are you looking forward to?

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Hang in there with the busyness and definitely treat yourself to some R&R time this weekend!! :)


This weekend I'm looking forward to doing some more baking.

Vic Robinson said...

Looks like a nice relaxing weekend. I miss the beach.