Wednesday, September 16, 2009

a book talk

I don't write much here about one of my other passions in life -- good books -- but I have to tell you about my most recent read. I just finished Eat, Pray, Love today, and I'm feeling so sad that this book is over. Do you ever feel like that when you've finished an excellent book? Almost like you've lost a "friend" or something?

Well, this was one of those books for me. Sigh. I know everyone and their next-door neighbor's book club has already read this book, (I'm always a little slow on the up-take,) but I adored it, and if you haven't already read it, READ IT!

I guess the only good thing about finishing a book is starting a new one! Next up? A Civil Action. I don't usually get into legal thrillers, but this comes highly recommended from my friend Courtney, so I'll give it a go.

What have you been reading lately?

3 comments:

Crystal said...

This topic is right up my alley! I read Eat, Pray, Love quite some time ago. I really enjoyed it and the regimented life she lived. I have an admiration for meditation and know I should do it more often.

I love the part where she finally falls into a deep meditation. It happened to me once and it was scary! So, I could identify with her feelings.

I just finished The Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao, and the first of the True Blood books. Right now I'm now reading a John Case mystery book.

Sophia said...

I know exactly what you mean, every time I finish a good book I feel that way! I didn't think many people did.
Sophia,
http://whatyourmommadidntknow.blogspot.com/

Lauren said...

Elizabeth Gilbert's "sequel" to "Eat, Pray, Love" is scheduled for release in January. I'm REALLY looking forward to reading it!