Tuesday, September 29, 2009

priorities

I've hinted around this here on my blog this past month or so, but I'll catch you up if you haven't been reading between the lines lately -- I have become one stressed person since I've started my new job. There are multiple factors involved in this increased stress, some of which I have control over and some of which I don't, some of which I can write about here and some of which I can't.

Do you know what I can write about, though? My priorities. And I've noticed that in all of this stress, I've mucked up my priorities and haven't been taking very good care of myself. Sure, we've still been eating healthy over here, and I'm still getting plenty of exercise, but do you know what I've been missing? SLEEP. And yoga. And general down-time at home. I'm glad I've held on to the healthy eating and exercise, but I NEED to get myself to bed earlier, we need to de-crazy our weeks, and I need to try and do a little yoga, at least a few times per week.

So, here are my goals for tonight, in light of my need to realign my priorities:

Goal #1: 20 minutes of yoga as soon as I get home from work tonight
Goal #2: I must physically be IN BED at 10 pm, lights out at 10:30

Wish me luck! And please harass me later if I don't get these two things done!

No comments: