Friday, June 04, 2010

more yum

Just a couple of dinners from this week . . .

Rice and Dal:

I'm constantly trying to "perfect" my dal recipe, and it's getting closer every time. My theory? "More." More ghee, more spices, more chilis! This was quite a tasty batch, especially over Jasmine rice. I know brown rice is superior nutritionally, but hot damn, white rice just tastes so good!

Huevos Rancheros:

Other than warming up leftovers, this might be the fastest meal I have in my repertoire. Dinner was on the table in less than a half-hour last night! Plus, what's not to like? Tortillas? Beans? Cheese? Eggs? Salsa? Yum all around.

I felt compelled to use up the leftover frosting from my birthday treats:

Yes . . . MORE cupcakes. Chocolate this time, and mighty tasty! :)

2 comments:

Vic Robinson said...

These look great! I love Dal. That cupcake looks so tasty!

Anonymous said...

Yum--I love dal. I hope you'll share your recipe sometime. I like the "more" theory :-)

Courtney