Thursday, March 10, 2005

provocations, popcorn, and payday

Did you know I set my comments preferences to allow anyone to leave a comment on my blog? Comments are fun for me. :) If you read my blog, please comment once in a while! I'll take suggestions for future recipes, help with planning menus for dinner, well, anything, really -- as long as I know something about it!

Ah -- you could even "Challenge Catherine" -- give me a list of ingredients (3 to 7 ish,) and I can try and come up with something you could cook with them. Just please be somewhat reasonable -- I can't think of anything you could make with popcorn, pineapple, and green tea, as an example. Well, except eating those three things individually as a snack. But that doesn't count.

Speaking of popcorn . . .

I have eaten out, at a friend's house, or at work (staff meeting) every single night this week. Convenient, saves on dishes, but leaves little to post about. I made popcorn tonight. Here's my recipe:

Ingredients:
brown paper lunch sack
2 staples
1/4 cup popcorn kernels
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt (preferably popcorn salt)

Directions:
Combine the popcorn, oil, and salt in the brown paper lunch sack. Fold over and staple closed. Microwave 2 to 3 minutes or until the pops slow down. Enjoy!

(This is courtesy of Alton Brown/Good Eats.)

Tomorrow is Friday. And payday. Thank the Lord.

No comments: