Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Back Where I Belong Midweek Munchies


Yes, I was happily back at the Wedge this past weekend, and here's what I bought:

Ka-Me Hoisin Sauce (contains corn syrup! boo! but the only brand of Hoisin available.)
tube of tomato paste (Amore brand, conventional)
14 oz Muir Glen Organic Fire-Roasted Tomatoes (I thought of you, Jess!)
1 organic fruit leather (apple) (emergency work snack)
2 "Loony" Bars (Peanut-PB and Nuts & Cranberry) (emergency work snacks)
1 Larabar (Cherry Almond) (emergency work snack)

Burt's Bees Garden Tomato Complexion Soap
Burt's Bees Lip Balm (the tin, which is less convenient, but recyclable, unlike the plastic tubes)
Burt's Bees Almond Milk Hand Cream

1 small bunch organic broccoli
1 organic mango
1 organic Asian pear (a new produce item!)
1 small head organic Bok Choy (another new produce item)
a big handfull of bulk organic basil
1 gigantic organic red bell pepper
8 ounces organic strawberries
organic watermelon chunk (about 1/4 medium melon)

White Wave organic firm tofu
big tub WholeSoy plain yogurt
1 Mighty Mango Naked Juice

Visit Harmonia for more info on Midweek Munchies.


jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Fire Roasted tomatoes steal my heart. I've sadly noticed that they haven't been on sale lately - but it's okay, I try to not give into pasta so often.

great list!

Dori said...

I didn't get back to you about your book below so I'll comment here. I will be completing 15 credit hours over the next three months (the final frontier before student teaching this fall), so until I get through I have to really limit. In mid August I'd be more than happy to test a variety of things for you. Even though I cook for a family... I'm thinking it would be nice to have a few things my teens can begin to try on their own. Around the holidays I live in the kitchen (almost).