Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Back Where I Belong Midweek Munchies

example

Yes, I was happily back at the Wedge this past weekend, and here's what I bought:

PACKAGED GROCERY:
Ka-Me Hoisin Sauce (contains corn syrup! boo! but the only brand of Hoisin available.)
tube of tomato paste (Amore brand, conventional)
14 oz Muir Glen Organic Fire-Roasted Tomatoes (I thought of you, Jess!)
1 organic fruit leather (apple) (emergency work snack)
2 "Loony" Bars (Peanut-PB and Nuts & Cranberry) (emergency work snacks)
1 Larabar (Cherry Almond) (emergency work snack)

PERSONAL CARE:
Burt's Bees Garden Tomato Complexion Soap
Burt's Bees Lip Balm (the tin, which is less convenient, but recyclable, unlike the plastic tubes)
Burt's Bees Almond Milk Hand Cream

PRODUCE:
1 small bunch organic broccoli
1 organic mango
1 organic Asian pear (a new produce item!)
1 small head organic Bok Choy (another new produce item)
a big handfull of bulk organic basil
1 gigantic organic red bell pepper
8 ounces organic strawberries
organic watermelon chunk (about 1/4 medium melon)

REFRIGERATED GROCERY:
White Wave organic firm tofu
big tub WholeSoy plain yogurt
1 Mighty Mango Naked Juice

Visit Harmonia for more info on Midweek Munchies.

2 comments:

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Fire Roasted tomatoes steal my heart. I've sadly noticed that they haven't been on sale lately - but it's okay, I try to not give into pasta so often.

great list!

Dori said...

I didn't get back to you about your book below so I'll comment here. I will be completing 15 credit hours over the next three months (the final frontier before student teaching this fall), so until I get through I have to really limit. In mid August I'd be more than happy to test a variety of things for you. Even though I cook for a family... I'm thinking it would be nice to have a few things my teens can begin to try on their own. Around the holidays I live in the kitchen (almost).