Wednesday, May 24, 2006

a post just for Lauren

Here's a stinky update:

I like the Tom's deodorant! I'm not stinky, which is nice. Slightly damp, but odor-free. :) Not sure if this is the best thing or not, but it sure beats aluminum-based yukkiness that doesn't quite work anyway!

I have also been enjoying an aluminum-free deodorant by Adidas (Absorbent-Deo), but it's not perfect, either. Dove hasn't been working lately, and Certain-Dri has failed me horribly!

I have a buffet of underarm protection in my medicine cabinet right now.

I think I should go to bed -- Little Girl, Little Boy, and I spent the afternoon at the zoo, and I'm tired. Really tired. (The tigers were swimming when we were watching them, which was very sweet. This is not a "sad zoo," although we have one of those in MN, too.) So tired that posting about deodorant seems interesting to me right now! Sheesh.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to check out Tom's deodorant. I am always on the lookout for good deodorant. I use Degree for Women, which works better than most deodorants do for me. I hate sweating like a guy. :P BTW, I found the deodorant posting interesting... I probably need to go to bed, too. :)

Harmonia said...

Great title for this post! It made me laugh.

Anyhow, thanks for the Ugli Fruit comments and questions...I answered your latest on my blog within comments.

I will be posting about my Quinoa attempt in a little bit.

:)

Catherine Weber said...

Michelle, make sure you get the Tom's "long-lasting" deodorant. I put some on after I got out of the shower before choir rehearsal last night, and I still don't stink!

Harmonia, I'm glad you laughed! (I'd rather folks laugh than be disturbed. Well, maybe both happened?)

Eat Peace Please said...

I know this was for Lauren but it's crazy that we are in the same boat right now. I just bought a third type, which is just ok, but I didn't know all the natural deoderants are just deoderant not antiperspirant. I'm not wet and stinky either, I just like the protection and I don't need a cover-up smell. Let me know if you find the ultimate underarm power (without aluminum and animals)

Anonymous said...

I'm curious about the Addidas deo. Is it aluminun free? I have tried so many aluminum free ones, and I just don't like any of them. In fact, the only kind of deo I like is Secret. I know it's horrible for me, but being dry and un-stinky always wins out over the aluminum factor. Later in life I'm going to regret that!

Catherine Weber said...

Megan, the Adidas Absorb-Deo worked for me for a long time -- the deodorant itself absorbs your sweat, rather than block your pores like aluminum ones, and has two decent scents. I could only find it at Walgreens in my area, though! (Shame on Target!) I've also used Certain-Dri in the past, which worked for a long time but scared me because it discolored the armpits of a couple of my shirts. (!!!) Lately, with the return of humid, hot weather, nothing has been working. I'm still a little sweaty with the Tom's, but I don't stink at all! With the other ones, I'm a little sweaty and a little stinky. Tom's and Adidas should hook up and create an ultimate-deo!

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

i went through a bunch of aluminun free deodorants...none really doing the trick, until art suggested i try his, & i like it the best. it's by desert essence, "dry by nature deodorant with camomile & calendula"