Monday, June 26, 2006

Faux-Caprese Salad and more recipes up for grabs!

Here's the recipe for the Faux-Caprese Salad I devised this past weekend!

Toss together:
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
pinch salt
pinch black pepper
2 tablespoons finely sliced fresh basil (i.e., "chiffonade")
7 ounces firm water-packed tofu, pressed for at least 10 minutes and diced in approximately 1-inch cubes
1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes

Allow the salad to sit for about 10 mintues before serving so the tofu can soak up all of the excess dressing.

My thoughts on this recipe: quick, healthy, and simple. Not quite as tasty as the "real thing," but definitely passable. :)

More recipes available for testing:

Creamy Mushrooms 'n' Mac (L with vegan option)
Pancakes (L with vegan option)
French Toast (L/O with vegan option)
Peanut Butter Cookies (L with vegan option)
Snickerdoodles (L with vegan option)
Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies (L with vegan option)
Awesome Oatmeal Cookies (L with vegan option)
My Favorite Fruit Crumble (vegan)

Again, PLEASE email me (link's still on my profile page) if you'd like to test one of them! I have all of your email addresses written down somewhere . . . where they are, though, is a mystery right now . . . !!

4 comments:

Eat Peace Please said...

I will try anything unbaked without mushrooms.

Jody from VegChic said...

Leslie, lol.

I'll take vegan options of pretty much anything, though no raisins for me. (I can always sub another dried fruit though.)

I sent you a quick email too, Catherine.

Voice lessons sound really cool!

Eat Peace Please said...

Oh yeah, and vegan, duh.

t. said...

Voice lessons! I got my first one when I was 7 or so. But duh... I am a contralto which sucks. The lower and blander tone of female voices. Not fun at all. And actually in my first choir I was singing with boys (there were young and with unshaped voices)! How embarassing!